About Innospark Ventures
Innospark Ventures is a young early-stage Venture capital firm located in Boston. We invest in AI-led startups in business services, life sciences/health care, education and cybersecurity. At Innospark, we believe that AI led innovations will disrupt every industry in the next couple of decades and beyond.
Innospark was founded by Venkat Srinivasan, a serial entrepreneur, who brings deep expertise in AI and computational algorithms, especially computational linguistics combined with deep functional knowledge in multiple domains including finance and accounting. He has founded several successful AI-led startups, including eCredit (acquired by ICG) and Rage Frameworks (acquired by Genpact). Venkat has strongly advocated for and believes that successful AI-led transformation will be characterized by traceability, context awareness and the ability to learn from sparse data environments through computational abstractions.
For more information, please visit company website: www.innosparkventures.com
We are excited to announce that we are recruiting an Associate/VP level person to join our exceptional team. This individual will be an integral member of the Innospark investment team and work closely with partners and other associates on sourcing potential investments, conducting diligence and participating in portfolio management activities. The selected candidate will gain deep exposure to our startup network, entrepreneurial expertise and experience, investment decision process and AI philosophy.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates with deep expertise in artificial intelligence and software architectures who share an enthusiasm for AI driven entrepreneurship in our focus areas. The candidate will be passionate about impact-driven innovation, intellectually curious and have strong analytical and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following:
- Undergraduate or Masters degree or post-doc in computer science or related fields
- Product management experience working with a team of AI specialists and/or full stack architects in developing and deploying software solutions with AI functionality
- Substantial expertise and experience in AI technologies having implemented AI solutions in the real world
- 5-8+ years of full stack software development experience preferably in mission critical applications including managing distributed teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strongly demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
How to Apply
Our process starts with two video-recorded questions and one short essay as follows:
- Question 1 (video): Why would you like to join Innospark Ventures?
- Question 2 (video): Please describe a piece of software you have designed in the past and describe the outcome of the project. Also describe where and how you incorporated AI in the software, if you did
- Question 3 (written): What are the critical elements that a startup should think about when designing their software architecture? And how should they think about the AI functionality in the software – suitability, market acceptance, tractability. Please answer this question in the form of an email to a founder of a SaaS company, impersonating an associate at Innospark in charge of vetting the software architecture as part of a due diligence effort.
Please send the video links and short essay along with your resume at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we encourage applicants to submit early.